Call for Papers: ACWR 2017 Conference
Conference Theme: Global Wesleyanism
Date: 2 – 3 October 2017
Venue: Wellington, New Zealand
Keynote Speaker: Dr Richard Waugh
The ACWR is calling for papers that will address a range of issues relevant to the theme, Global Wesleyanism. Papers arising from a biblical studies, theological, historical, practical theology or inter-disciplinary perspective are invited. Papers not addressing the conference theme are also welcomed.
Possible topics may include, but are not limited to:
- The use of Scripture in the Wesleyan tradition
- Wesleyans in dialogue with contemporary Biblical scholarship.
- How might a Wesleyan reading of the Gospels inform our understanding of holiness?
- The shift in Christianity’s centre of gravity to the Global South
- United Methodism’s disunity over human sexuality – how long can it remain a ‘global’ church?
- Signs of Wesleyan renewal around the world
- Wesley’s ‘Catholic Spirit’ in a post-ecumenical age.
Abstracts of less than 200 words must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2017.
Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 2 June. Student presenters will need to submit their final paper (2500 words) by Friday 8 September 2017. For complete submission details see the PDF below or enlarge the image above.
The complete call for papers as PDF is available to download and share at this link: ACWR Conference 2017 – Call for papers
Further information will soon be shared about accommodation and conference costs
Please feel welcome to distribute the conference details. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!