The Australasian Centre for Wesleyan Research promotes and supports research on the life, work and times of John and Charles Wesley, their historical and theological antecedents, their successors in the Wesleyan tradition, and contemporary scholarship in the Wesleyan tradition. This includes areas such as theology, biblical studies, history, education, ethics, literature, mission, cultural studies, philosophy, pastoral studies, worship, preaching, practical theology, and social theology.
Currently the ACWR is a working partnership formed by a number of Wesleyan theological institutions, one denominational partner, and two Uniting Church library collections.
- Nazarene Theological College (Church of the Nazarene, Brisbane, Australia)
- Kingsley Australia (Wesleyan Methodist, Melbourne, Australia)
- Booth College (Salvation Army, based in Sydney, Australia)
- Catherine Booth College (Salvation Army, Melbourne, Australia)
- Booth College of Mission (Salvation Army, based in Wellington, New Zealand)
- Asia-Pacific Nazarene Theological Seminary (Church of the Nazarene, Manila, Philippines)
- The Wesleyan Methodist Church of New Zealand
- Camden Theological Library (Uniting Church, Centre for Ministry, Sydney, Australia)
- The Sugden Heritage Collections (Uniting Church, Queen’s College, University of Melbourne, Australia)
Each centre provides quality resources for students and researchers in this field. We are actively seeking to enlarge our range of partners throughout Australia and New Zealand, as well as further afield.
THE EIGHTH ACWR CONFERENCE, 2-3 October, 2017
Conference Theme: Global Wesleyanism
Date: 2 – 3 October 2017
Venue: Wellington, New Zealand
Keynote Speaker: Dr Richard Waugh
For further information please contact Dr. Dean Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org